Many young people and their families are having to cope with diminishing personal resources. At the same time, elected representatives at every level are compelled to respond to growing budget deficits with difficult decisions about reducing or eliminating community based resources. Many fine youth programs across New York State have already absorbed significant funding cuts. The Town Shop has weathered many storms in its 38 year history, but this one is a biggy.
If so, come join in on our upcoming winter activities!
A Few Highlights
- Seva (Samaritan Center) Wednesdays 3pm
- Seva (Sunshine Horse Rescue) Saturdays 9am
- Camping (Highland Forest) Feb 16-19
- BOCES ADAPEP 2/25 8-3pm The Town Shop is hosting their monthly meeting. Cheryl could use help making soup and salad (to feed 50).
- Dodgeball (East Hill Elementary) 2/26, 3/26 6:30pm
- Eating Our Way Around The World 2/28, 3/28 We’ll get to taste the unique flavors of Mexican and Vietnamese cuisine.
- Town Shop Birthday! 3/1 4-10pm A momentous celebration, with live performances by Spire and Eleanor, plus pizza donated graciously by Solvay Bank. Come join the fun!
- Vegetarian Cooking Class 3/4 6:30pm Welcoming guest chef Daryl Olin.
- Classic Movie Night 3/12 7pm Hosted by Dan Nolan. Interested in a movie? Leave us a comment!
- Poetry Open Mic 3/19 7pm
For a complete listing, check out the calendar.