Mild autumn weather allowed for a variety of outdoor experiences in October and November that included apple picking, hikes at Highland Forest and Chimney Bluffs, kayaking down Onondaga Creek, a day at the zoo, and a three day trip to New York City and Woodstock. Now that winter weather approaches, Town Shop program focus shifts (though not exclusively) to more indoor activities.
The building is open Monday to Thursday from 4–10pm, unless otherwise posted. Weekends are reserved for special events and experiences. (Check the calendar for a complete listing.)
A Few Highlights
- Seva (Samaritan Center) 12/3, 12/17, 1/7, 1/14, 1/21, 1/28 3pm
- Seva (Sunshine Horse Rescue) 12/13, 12/27, 1/10, 1/24 9am
- Volunteer Training 1/12 4–8pm
- Merry Trancemas 12/13 5–11pm A Christmas rave hosted by Chris Sauve.
- Rough Times Live 12/30 8pm A teen produced television show will be featuring us!
- Dodgeball (East Hill Elementary) 12/18, 1/22 6:30pm
- Music Showcase 12/21 4pm Detached & From The Ashes
- Music Showcase 12/28 7pm White Picket Fence
- X Country Ski 12/28, 12/30, 1/4, 1/11 The Town Shop provides all the necessary equipment. In addition, David and Daryl Olin plan to spontaneously organize ski trips over at Camillus Unique Forest to establish a local trail if there is adequate snow cover.
- Classic Movie Night 12/22, 1/13 7pm Hosted by Dan Nolan, cinema aficionado.
- Scavenger Hunt 1/15 7–8pm Find items in the building. Win prizes!
- Eating Our Way Around The World 1/17 12pm We’ll be eating at Munjed’s Middle Eastern Café
- Overnight Sleepover 1/18 No school the day after.
- Highland Forest Camping 2/16–2/19