The Town Shop roof replacement is in process and well underway. A two week delay in the construction startup means we couldn’t reopen on the date we had hoped for. We intend now to reopen the building on Monday, July 7th at 2pm for cleanup. We could sure use some volunteers.
Meanwhile, the summer 2008 schedule has been prepared, loaded with lots of Seva and adventure opportunities.
A Few Highlights
- Building open every Monday and Tuesday, 5-10pm. (If temperature goes 90° or higher, we will be closed, looking for water based activities instead.)
- Mondays: Kayaking (Nine Mile Creek), 5:30pm
- Tuesdays: Volleyball at Gillie Lake, 6:30pm
- Wednesdays: Seva (Selfless Service) at Samaritan Center, 3pm
- 7/5, 7/12, 8/2: Sunshine Horse Rescue, 9am
- 7/6, 7/17, 8/3, 8/14: Kayaking (South Sandy Creek to Lake Ontario beach), 10am – 10pm A summer favorite!
- 7/10: An afternoon of instruction and experience on Oneida Lake, compliments of CNY Wakeboarding.
- 7/19: Eating Our Way Around The World (Eva’s – Polish Restaurant), 12pm
- 7/20: An urban adventure as we kayak down Onondaga Creek.
- 7/23 – 7/27: Falcon Ridge Folk Festival – We stay with good friend and amazing artist Laurel Tewes in Great Barrington, Massachusetts. Falcon Ridge is one of the best music festivals ever, with emphasis on singer songwriters, dancing, song swaps, food, plus crafts, all in the beautiful Berkshire Mountains setting.
- 8/7: Ithaca Gorges – Waterfalls, swimming holes, and cascades galore!
- 8/10: Chimney Bluffs State Park – A few of us scoped out the NY state park last October and we were blown away!
- 8/12: Moonlight Hiking/Perseids Meteor Shower (Camillus Unique Forest), 9pm
- 8/17 – 8/22: Whale Watch 2008 – The big event of the summer! Cape Cod camping, national seashore beaches, Provincetown, and of course… whales!
Remember, all activities are weather permitting and numbers limited. For more information, please contact Cheryl and David Vermilya at 635-6495.