Back in the autumn of 2007, the Town of Camillus received a grant from Community Development to replace the Town Shop’s roof. Early this spring, project bids were received. The contractor who won the bid says,”Some of my friends frequented the Town Shop when they were teens, that’s why I put in a reasonable bid. I intend to do a really good job for you.” Work is scheduled to begin on June 2nd and could last up to three weeks.
The Town Shop building will be closed during this construction project. We hope to be able to reopen on Tuesday, June 24. Meanwhile, some activities will continue throughout June.
- Tuesdays: Volleyball at Gillie Lake, 6:30pm (Weather Permitting)
- Wednesdays: Seva (Selfless Service) at Samaritan Center, 3pm
- 5/29, 6/12, 6/26: Picnic at Onondaga Lake Park, 4pm (Weather Permitting)
- 6/1: Eating Our Way Around The World (Eva’s – Polish Restaurant), 1pm
- 5/24, 6/7, 6/28: Sunshine Horse Rescue, 9am
- 5/31: Kayaking (Clyde River), 11am (Weather Permitting)
- 6/13: Cheryl and David’s 38th Anniversary
- 6/27 – 6/28: Syracuse Jazz Fest
Coming this summer:
There will be more Seva, volleyball, kayaking, concerts, as well as trips which include going to Ithaca Gorges, the Green River Festival (July 17-20), Falcon Ridge Folk Festival (July 24-28), and Whale Watch ’08 (August 17-22)!