The Town Shop re-opened on October 2 following a September staff vacation. Building program hours are Monday through Thursday at 4 to 10pm unless otherwise noted, with special activities and experiences scheduled for weekends. All outdoor activities are weather permitting. Other activities may be announced as the season unfolds. (Phone Cheryl or David Vermilya to find out or to sign up for various field trips. 635-6495)
Some Notable Dates
- Weekly: Seva (selfless service) – Feeding people at the St. Paul’s Samaritan Center. Every wednesday at 3pm.
- Monday 10/8: Kayak down Onondaga Creek through the heart of Syracuse. 11am
- Tuesday 10/9: Rosamond Gifford Zoo 1pm (We have a free group pass)
- Thursday 10/18: Apple picking at Beak & Skiff in LaFayette. 3pm
- Sunday 10/21: Chimney Bluffs State Park 11am
- Monday 10/22: Staff Retreat (Town Shop closed)
- Sunday 10/28: Fillmore Glen (Spectacular gorge and waterfalls) 11am
- Saturday 11/3: Sunshine Horse Rescue 10am
- Friday 11/9 – 11/11: Trip to the big apple (NYC), an urban adventure!
- Tuesday 11/13: Tai Chi Workshop (Free) 3pm, Town Shop opens 6pm
Tai Chi Chuan is an inner martial art. Designed to circulate chi, or life force harmoniously throughout mind and body, it is often referred to as a moving meditation. Its series of slow, circular, relaxed, fluid movements flow one into another and reward the practitioner with a deep sense of peace and well being.
- Thursday 11/15: Dodgeball (East Hill Elementary) 6:30pm
- Friday 11/16: Concert trip to see Ryan Fitzsimmons (He amazed this year at Falcon Ridge) 6pm
- Saturday 11/17: Sunshine Horse Rescue 10am
- Saturday 11/24: Concert trip to see Gandalf Murphy & The Slambovian Circus of Dreams at Night Eagle Cafe. (Talk with DV)
- Saturday 12/1: Sunshine Horse Rescue 10am
- Thursday 12/13: Poetry Open Mic & Song Swap 7:30pm
- Friday 12/14: Town Shop “Sleepover” 7pm
- Thursday 12/20: Dodgeball (East Hill Elementary) 6:30pm
- Saturday 12/22: Sunshine Horse Rescue 10am
The Town Shop is participating in the Camillus Valley Natural Area planning and design workshops on October 10 and November 7. (Everyone welcome, talk with DV)
Coming This Winter
Lots of cross country skiing, showcase concerts, seva opportunities, and winter camping at Highland Forest.