As previously mentioned, June is a difficult month for the Town Shop to schedule for, what with final exams and graduation, plus made even more so this year with Cheryl’s medical emergency (May 17) and complications. Well, she was released from the hospital on June 5 and is slowly healing now at home. She says,”I really miss everyone” and is deeply appreciative of all the cards, flowers, food, and expressions of get-well wishes. In her absence, many people have stepped forward to volunteer at the Town Shop to help maintain a robust schedule. Among them, Daryl Olin, Ken Wood, Craig French, Robert Wolf, Curtis Morgan, Chris Sauve, Rory O’Bannion, Erika Dutton, Matt Thomas, Andrew Wilkinson, Rachel Donovan, plus a host of young people trained earlier this year as Town Shop volunteers. Sincere Thanks!
Here is the schedule for the rest of June
- Monday 6/11: Town Shop open 4-10pm, Kayak Nine Mile Creek 5pm
- Tuesday 6/12: Town Shop open 4-10pm, Volleyball 6:30pm
- Wednesday 6/13: Seva plus visit to Armory Square. 3pm (Sign up with DV)
- Thursday 6/14: Picnic at Onondaga Lake Park 3:30pm
- Friday 6/15: David attends last BOCES adapep mtg. of the year. 8:30am
- Saturday 6/16: West Genesee graduation (Congrats)
- Monday 6/18: Town Shop open 4-10pm, Kayak Nine Mile Creek 5pm
- Tuesday 6/19: Town Shop open 4-10pm, Volleyball 6:30pm
- Wednesday 6/20: Seva plus visit to Armory Square. 3pm (Sign up with DV)
- 6/21 – 6/26: Town Shop CLOSED (Cheryl and David celebrate 37th wedding anniversary plus prepare summer calendar)
- Wednesday 6/27: Seva plus visit to Armory Square. 3pm (Sign up with DV)
- Thursday 6/28: Picnic at Onondaga Lake Park 2pm (Possibly the last one of the season as we start doing bigger trips when school is over)
- Friday 6/29: Summer calendar in the mail.
Some summer plans are already set.
- July 1: Aretha Franklin and Jaco Pastorious in concert at Jazz Fest (free). Several picnics and free concerts on the Great Lawn at Taughannock Falls State Park.
- July 7: Burns Sisters Band
- July 14: Crow Greenspun Band
- July 22: Mighty Lester, James Hunter, and grammy winner Buddy Guy at NYS Blues Fest (free).
- July 25-29: Falcon Ridge Folk Festival (we have 15 free passes) and Berkshires camping.
- August 4: Urban Horse Thieves
- August 25-30: Whale Watch 2007 and Cape Cod camping. (Visit links page for more information)
Also this summer: lots of volleyball, kayak trips down South Sandy Creek to Lake Ontario beach (1st one tentatively July 5), Seva opportunities, Ithaca gorges, day trips, and more. (All outdoor activities are weather permitting) Stay tuned…